Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Blog Every Day in January Day 7: Recipes I'm Dying to Try

Since I've been home for the past few weeks, I haven't really been cooking or experimenting with recipes. My mom tends to plan meals for the week, and I usually just roll with whatever she's cooking rather than making something separate for myself. It's nice that I don't have to cook, but I kind of miss it!

I was scrolling through my Pinterest, and for the record, I do usually try the recipes that I pin. I know that Pinterest tends to become a dumping ground for nice pictures of food and home decor (...at least it does for me), but I've actually made a ton of recipes from Pinterest that have been super successful. I've had my eye on a few recipes that I pinned a while back, and I'm hoping to try some of them out when I go back to school:

1.)

This Cheesy Zucchini Rice recipe (originally from realsimplefood.com but has been adapted several times over). I don't know what it is about this recipe, but I have literally pinned like four different versions of it. So clearly I really want to try it. I mean, how could you go wrong? Zucchini? Good. Cheese? Good. Rice? Good. I should just get it over with and make it!

2.) 

This 30-Minute Chicken and Dumplings from Parade.com. I am a true sucker for comfort food, especially when it comes to stews. This looks like the perfect recipe for a day as cold as today was, so I think I'll break out this recipe for the next time I'm at school and it's as cold as the arctic outside.

3.)

This No-Knead Bread from Jezebel.com. In my post about Things I Would Like to Do post, I mentioned that I've been searching for a bread recipe that was easy but also not super bland. My cousin Anne posted this on my Facebook after I wrote that entry, and then my other cousin Monette made it a few days later and put photos on Facebook. It looks SO GOOD and super easy! So I'm going to put my apron back on (figuratively--I don't usually wear an apron) and give it a shot. I love bread so much.

4.) 

CHOCOLATE MOLTEN CAKES. I found this recipe (from Jenny Steffens Hobick's blog) on Pinterest like a year ago, and I really just never stop thinking about it. I am an EXTREME chocoholic, and WOWOWOWOWOW MOLTEN CHOCOLATE IS MY DREAM. I dream of molten chocolate. I want to travel to a land where there are waterfalls of molten chocolate in nature, and I can just BATHE IN THEM.


Sooo yeah those are on my get-it-done list at the moment. I will definitely do some follow ups when I make each of these recipes. In the meantime, tune in tomorrow for a post on recipes that I've made that were a total FAIL. Pinterest, man. Sometimes you win, sometimes you spend six hours making a bread recipe that ends up tasting like hot water in bread form and wow there goes like an entire sack of flour. Not that I'm bitter about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I made the cheesy zucchini rice last night, and while it was super easy, very tasty, and a definite new staple side in our house, it is nothing life-changing. So don't hype it up in ya brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't know why I'm so obsessed with this recipe, it doesn't even sound that exciting. It seems pretty foolproof...and yet I have pinned six different versions of it. Go figure.

      Delete