Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blog Every Day in January Day 12: Fun Drinks for My Friend's Birthday

Today was my friend Victoria's birthday, and since one of our favorite YouTube series is You Deserve a Drink, I figured it would be fun to create some drinks with pun-y names related to Victoria. They turned out pretty good, so I figured I would share the recipes with you!

Victoria Rosé Wine Coolers

The name for this one was easy, since her name is Victoria Rose (she distinguishes her middle name because she knows someone else with the same name). As it turns out, real Rosé wine is a little out of my price range (a lot out), I just used blush wine. Pink moscato probably could have worked, too! This drink was good in concept, but wasn't the most exciting of the three. I think this could have used some more fizz and less wine. I probably won't muddle the strawberries next time, and instead keep them frozen to keep the drink cool. The chunks were a little...grotesque. Also, I used diet strawberry kiwi sparkling water, but I'm listing in the recipe to use peach seltzer because that's what I originally wanted to use but forgot to buy. Hence the diet strawberry kiwi whatever whatever.

Ingredients
-Peach seltzer water
-Frozen Strawberries
-Pink wine of your choice

Instructions
1.) Thaw your strawberries and muddle them at the bottom of your cup OR keep them frozen to use as ice cubes (choose your own adventure!)
2.) Fill your cup about 2/3 (give or take, depending on taste) with peach seltzer
3.) Fill the cup the rest of the way with wine (assuming you have accounted for space at the top so you don't...you know...spill everywhere. How drunk are you?? Jeez.)


IF IT'S YA BIRTHDAY SHAKE SOME NOISE

This drink name is a pun on a very aggressive birthday song. Nevertheless, it was SO FREAKING GOOD. I'm serious, make this. I don't have anything else to say except for YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS.

Ingredients
-2 or more scoops of Vanilla ice cream (depending how you prefer the consistency of your milkshake)
-About a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream (or more if you really love Baileys)
-Milk (JUST A SPLASH AHH)
-About 1 tbsp of Nutella (don't go too heavy on this stuff, a little goes a long way!!)

Instructions
1.) Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend them together.
2.) That's it that's the whole recipe idk what you were expecting it's a milkshake.

Schnapp-era Zinger Shots

She's a voice performance major!!! Do you get it???? GUYS I'M HILARIOUS. Anyways, this shot was RE-DONKULOUS. While I was prepping it, the entire kitchen smelled like lemons and we 100% thought it would be disgusting, but O M G IT WAS SO GOOD. And it was like stupidly easy. We also tried an alternate version, which added orange juice to bulk up the volume and make it more like a cocktail and WOW so good. Try both!!

Ingredients (for 2 shots)
-1 1/2 shots of peach schnapps
-The juice of 1 lemon
-Lemon sugar (mix the zest of 1/2 a lemon with about 1 tbsp of sugar)
-A shaker full of ice

Directions
1.) Use the squeezed out carcass of your lemon to rim the shot glasses, then dip the shot glasses in the lemon sugar. THAT'S RIGHT, YOU'RE BEING FANCY TONIGHT.
2.) Pour the peach schnapps and lemon juice into the shaker and cover it and shake it up like that Florence and the Machine song that everyone is like obsessed with.
3.) Pour the shots into the shot glasses and enjoy!


I'm pretty impressed with myself for making these up. Like I ain't no bartender, but WHATEVER. MAYBE I SHOULD BE.

...Uhh.

Make these drinks and let me know how they turned out for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment