Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blog Every Day in January Day 25: Catching Up

So I think I've put off writing a real entry long enough for things to actually happen...meaning this post will actually have real content!!!!

Wow!!!!!

I'm just going to do this in bullet points, because it's been so long since I've written a real post here that I have literally forgotten how to string together paragraphs. *Shrugs*


  • In reference to Thursday's post in which I was blogging from the living room couch in my apartment at school, it turns out that in my room at school, the corner where I sleep has mold growing on the wall. No telling what kind of mold it could be, but it's probably not the kind I should be sleeping next to. Feels good, man. Feels good to be paying rent on an apartment where I literally can not sleep in my own bed for fear that I'll wake up with mold poisoning.
  • Yesterday I went into the high school where I'm student teaching to observe, and I actually am getting pretty pumped to start!! I've talked about this before, but I'm slowly starting to gain back my motivation as this winter break comes to a close. There's still a bunch of stuff I need to do but I feel a whole lot less overwhelmed by it. I mean...I am still anxious and afraid that I'm just going to be the worst student teacher ever...but I think I've gone into survival mode where it's like OKAY NO TURNING BACK MELANIE JUST GO IN THERE AND STUDENT TEACH LIKE ITS YOUR JOB WHICH IT KIND OF IS ITS LIKE A FULL TIME JOB ONLY YOU'RE PAYING TUITION TO DO IT.
  • Side note: I have really not been feeling like myself lately! I was talking to one of my roommates about it the other day about how I think I've been having like a bit of seasonal depression. I've really been struggling with blogging every day this month, and with getting myself prepared for student teaching. I also feel like I didn't put much effort into socializing over the holidays, which is so not like me. Maybe it's this crazy weather we're having, or maybe I'm just freaking out over big transitions in my life that are about to happen/are coming up in the near future. Or maybe it's a combination of the two. Regardless, I've been trying to pull myself out of this funk all break and it's been happening--albeit rather slowly. Maybe I just need to see the sun again. IT'S BEEN SO LONG.
  • I made this flourless chocolate cake as a gluten-free dessert option for a dinner party I went to yesterday, and even though I majorly effed up the recipe due to lack of the proper tools, it was SO GOOD. It was basically like a chocolate truffle in cake form...but it was so rich that only like a sixth of the cake was left and now I have a giant wheel of chocolate sitting in my fridge. Such is life.
  • The pictures I posted in yesterday's entry was from the same dinner party with the chocolate cake! I actually posted those pictures really quickly while I was at the party, knowing I wouldn't want to write a post when I got home because it was already getting late and I knew I would be too tired. It was super fun, and it felt nice to be social again! Also I gave maybe the worst speech of my life...but also maybe the best speech of my life? I don't know, I guess it depends on how much alcohol you've consumed to determine whether it was good or bad.
  • I'M GOING TO FRANCE THIS SUMMER!! And potentially other places, but those aren't set in stone and I'm not about to jinx it. But yeah, it's been in the works for a while and I officially found out on Thursday. I am SO PUMPED. I have a feeling that I'll just been talking about it ad nauseum for the next five months, so prepare yourself for that. I CAN'T FREAKING WAITTTT.
I don't remember how to end blog posts. Is this how you end them?? Do I just hit publish now???



No comments:

Post a Comment