Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blog Every Day in January Day 23: Should I Get a Haircut?

I'm getting seriously desperate for blog topics these days...can you tell?

Anyways, I've been thinking about this for the past like...month. Well, not like nonstop or anything, but I've been toying with the idea of cutting my hair before student teaching starts to make it more manageable. Here's what my hot mess hair looks like right now:

It looks like I'm contorting my body
but I swear its just the way the photo is cropped
Raggedy, frizzy, and...kind of giant. Especially when I let it air dry. The length has gotten a little out of control for me...but I've been enjoying having longer hair. I feel like there are more styling options and I can kind of do whatever I want to do to it without worrying if it's too short.

The only problem is that whatever I do with it, it's going to take a long time with the length of hair I have and the amount. I just don't have the kind of hair that dries neatly and looks tidy without any effort. In fact...when I do put effort into making my hair look neat and tidy, it usually ends up looking puffy and raggedy by the end of the day.

This is what I was thinking of in terms of length:


This is a style I've obviously had before (...that is me...with my hair) and it's not too drastic in the amount of length taken off. It doesn't take a crazy amount of time to straighten this length of hair, and it requires less time washing and less product. Plus I think it's a flattering length on me. I had always figured I would eventually go for this length as my permanent adulthood hairstyle...just because it's not trying to be trendy, and it's not so fussy in its' length. And before you roll your eyes, YES I think about what my permanent adulthood hairstyle will be, didn't you read my post about how I overplan???

Anyways the main thing I'm worried about getting my hair cut is the cost $$$. I am a little on the broke side at the moment...and I know that a haircut from the place that I like will cost me somewhere around sixty dollars. And okay, yes, I should probably just suck it up and go somewhere more affordable because they will probably do just as good of a job. But I don't want to do that. I'm a little high maintenance. THERE, I SAID IT. Plus, I'm pretty pleased with the way long hair looks on me at the moment. I'm maybe not thrilled about the way my long hair likes to style itself--if you can call "seizing up into a frizzy orb around my head" styling--but it took me a pretty long time to grow it out like this. I'm a little attached.

So I don't know, the jury is still out. I might decide to get it cut halfway through student teaching...or maybe not at all. Basically I spent an entire entry trying to make a decision but reaching no conclusion. Thanks for tuning in, join me tomorrow for another riveting text post about things that are not very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment